Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Oxford Project

Yes, the one on the left is me 18 years ago. I got this idea from Peter Feldstein, who started The Oxford Project in 1984, he set out to photograph every last person in Oxford, Iowa. Two decades later, he's doing it again, creating a unique portrait of heartland America. There simple photographs of everyday people that live in this town, and 20 years later he takes there picture the same way. It's so amazing to me what you can tell about a person in a picture. I would love to be able to do something like this one day.

4 comments:

Jessica Elliott said...

That site is so cooool!

I Shoot Things said...

i love the stories that go along with the people in the pictures

Darren said...

You look the same. Well except the tooth.

Colors Of Life Photography said...

Tooo cute, Jessica.